It is the policy of Sansum Martial Arts to take all reasonable steps to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees, and to take all necessary steps to implement such a policy. The Company will also ensure that all relevant statutory requirements are complied with, that risk assessments will be carried out and monitored periodically, and where risks cannot be completely eliminated, suitable personal protective equipment will be provided.
Employees also have a duty to co-operate with the Company to ensure that this policy is effective, and to offer all necessary assistance to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees.
The Company also has a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of others who may be affected by the work activity, and reasonable steps will be taken by all concerned to ensure that this duty is observed.
The attention of all employees is drawn to the safety rules and procedures. Severe disciplinary action will be taken against any employee who violates these rules and procedures.
The Company will consult with the employees (and with any recognised trade union or representative of employee safety) periodically to ascertain what measures should be taken to increase awareness of health and safety and to ensure that all necessary measures are taken to make this policy effective.
The Company will take such measures as may be necessary to ensure proper training, supervision and instruction of all employees in matters pertaining to their health and safety, and to provide any necessary information.
The person having overall responsibility for health and safety will be Tracy Elliott
- Each manager and supervisor will have immediate responsibility for health and safety matters in his own area of work.
- Medical assistance will be provided by Tracy Elliott
- First aid boxes can be found at side of training area.
- Tracy Elliott has been appointed as a First Aider and can be contacted in person
- Should the fire alarm sound at any time an orderly evacuation of the premises will take place immediately.Fire doors, exits, corridors, passageways and stairs must be kept free from obstruction at all times. Fire extinguishers can be found in hallway outside Sports Hall.
- Staff will leave the Sports Hall and congregate at the muster point beside car park.
- Good housekeeping is an essential feature of any health and safety policy.All tools and equipment must be cleaned after use and properly stored.